Founderof Motown Writers Network & The African American Electronic Literary Network & Motown Romance Network, Editor of The Essence of Motown Literary Journal.
Ownerof HubBooks Literary Service and Co-Founder of Essence of Motown Writers Alliance Literary Conference
Moderatorof Detroit Writers Galore & Luluís Romance Writers
Board Memberof National Association of Black Writers, Michigan Black Independent Publishers
Memberof Great Lakes Booksellers Assc, National Association of Black Journalist-Detroit, Sisters In Crime, Black Writers Association, Romance Writers of America, World Romance Writers, Erotic Authorís Association, Real Sister Writers & Essentially Woman Literary Group, & Great Lakes Publishers Assc.
Sylvia Hubbard has independently published 4 paperback books and over 10 e-books. Her foundation genre has always been romance, but she has ventured into suspense, erotic, mystery, paranormal and I/R. Always urban and contemporary styled, her writing is enjoyed all over the world by all nationalities. Sheís always available for speaking opportunities at bookclubs, conferences, schools, and writing groups.In the upcoming year, she will be featured in several anthologies & will be publishing another paperback and 4 more e-books. She has a degree in Marketing/Management and minored in journalism, broadcasting (Specs Howard), drama, html programming, teaching assistant, customer service specialist, and commercial art.
- Voted by Romance Book Cafe as a Favorite Author
- Spirit of Detroit Winner for 2005 by Detroit City Council
- 2006 State of Michigan Governor's Certificate of Tribute Emerging Minority Business Leader Award
- 2005 Stone's Revenge Voted Best African-American Mystery by Mojolist.com
- 2006 Triumphant SPIRIT Award Winner(acknowledging Legacy of Bessie Mae Downey Rhoades Martin)by Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc - Rho Sigma Chapter
- 2007 National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)Greater Detroit Chapter's Top 10 Michigan Business Giving Spirit Award Nominee
- 2008 SORMAG Reader Multicultural Favorite Author (Tie)